OAKLAND COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (CBT) THERAPIST
Matthew Matt Lindgren is an Oakland cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) therapist, counselor, coach who helps people with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), counseling, and coaching.
WHAT IS COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (CBT)?
Cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT, refers to a set of therapeutic techniques that emphasize changes in behavior and thoughts. CBT is probably the most thoroughly researched and empirically validated form of therapy. It is very common to do "homework" when doing CBT. A central premise behind CBT is that you can train yourself, and others, to alleviate symptoms or reach goals . CBT is widely used to coach and train athletes, as well as military and police workers. CBT tends to be very good for treating depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
CBT is quite broad, and encompasses several forms of therapy. Matthew Matt Lindgren uses the following forms of cognitive behavioral therapy:
- EMDR - A short term treatment for PTSD
- Exposure Therapy - a treatment for phobias, anxiety, and PTSD
- Systematic Desensitization - a treatment for phobias, anxiety, and PTSD
- Cognitive Therapy - a treatment for anxiety and depression
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) - a treatment for anxiety and depression
- Behavior Modification - a treatment for changing behavior, for example, starting new habits or stopping old ones
MATTHEW MATT LINDGREN OFFERS COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (CBT) IN OAKLAND
Matthew Matt Lindgren has used CBT to help hundreds of people change their behavior and heal from anxiety, depression, and PTSD. He is a California licensed marriage and family therapist.